Coconut Quinoa No Bake Cookies
2 TBSP coconut oil (sub coconut butter if oil-free)
2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup unrefined coconut sugar
2 TBSP raw cacao powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup cooked toasted quinoa
1/2 cup toasted quinoa flakes or oatmeal
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Measure out your nut butter, quinoa, quinoa flakes, and shredded coconut for later.
3. In a sauce pan over medium, mix together the coconut sugar, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and almond milk, stirring frequently so the mixture doesn’t burn.
4. Allow the mixture to reach a low simmer, then stir remove from heat and add the quinoa flakes,quinoa, nut butter, and coconut flakes in that order.
5. Fold together until well combined without any clumps.
6. Using a cookie scoop, drop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in domed balls.
7. Garnish with coconut flakes and allow to set up in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before eating.
8. Freeze cookies for firmer cookies and refrigerate for softer cookies.
9. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week and the freezer for up to one month.
No-bake cookies with a coconut quinoa twist! Make them on the stovetop with coconut flakes, cacao,
peanut butter, and cooked quinoa.